- Ever have someone ask you a question a question he could've
easily answered by spending two seconds searching Google? If not, there
must be something genuinely wrong with you. In any case, this is
absolutely brilliant: just send him/her/it the appropriate justfuckinggoogleit.com link! That way you're bitch-slapping them for being stupid while still being helpful.
- Old news but I haven't found the time to address this yet: an Australian citizen was judged guilty
of copyright infringement for having direct links to downloadable MP3s
(he wasn't hosting the files, mind you) on his website. I have a
tendency to play devil's advocate in these matters, but in this case I
can't understand the decision; merely linking to sites (illegal or
otherwise) is, in my eyes, equivalent to saying "I don't employ whores,
but if you want there's a pimp right around the corner". It might be
morally questionable but it's certainly not in itself illegal.
- Also old news but important never-the-less: the Wayback Machine has come under legal threat
due to its use in a trademark dispute. Apparently the company that lost
in said dispute was displeased with the Wayback Machine's involvement
and filed a suit. What's really ironic is that they're claiming the
Machine as well as lawyers making use of it were in violation of the DMCA, because they somehow circumvented the Machine's robot.txt mechanism (read more about it in the previous links). Needless to say, that claim is absolutely preposterous.
What worries me is that, by the time this lawsuit is thrown out the
door, lots of money will have been paid and the non-for-profit Internet
Archive organization (which maintains the Wayback Machine) might be
- I wrote a review for Rez on MobyGames. Go have a look, then find a way and play the game.
- I started playing Psychonauts yesterday and so far it seems to kick a whole lot of ass. I'll post a review when I finish it.
- I also found the time to update my have list
on MobyGames. It currently only contains 10-15 percent of the total
amount of games I own, and missing a whole bunch of comments, but I'm